May 26, 2017
Dr. Nitya G. Ray
14 Baybury Court
East Hanover, NJ 07936
Dear Dr. Ray,
On behalf of Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (the “Company”), I am pleased to offer you the position of Executive Vice-President, Head of Product Development, Manufacturing and Supply Chain. Speaking for myself, as well as the other members of the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”), we are all very impressed with your credentials and look forward to your future success in this position.
1. Position. The terms of your new position with the Company are as set forth below:
(a) You shall serve as Executive Vice-President, Head of Product Development, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
You shall report to the Executive Chairman or appropriate company officer, as designated by the Board, and shall perform your duties for the Company at the Company’s offices in New York City, except for travel that may be necessary or appropriate in connection with the performance of your duties hereunder. The offices of the Company are currently located in New York City at 275 Madison Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
(b) You agree to devote your best efforts and substantially all of your business time to advance the interests of the Company and to discharge adequately your duties hereunder.
2. Start Date. Subject to fulfillment of any conditions imposed by this letter agreement, you will commence this new position with the Company no later than June 15, 2017 (“Start Date”), subject to Board approval prior to the Start Date. The Company has the right to withdraw this Offer if you are unable to fulfill the Start Date requirement.
3. Proof of Right to Work. For purposes of federal immigration law, you will be required to provide to the Company documentary evidence of your identity and eligibility for employment in the United States. Such documentation must be provided to us within three (3) business days of your date of hire, or our employment relationship with you may be terminated.
(a) Base Salary. You will be paid an annual base salary of Three Hundred Twenty Five Thousand dollars ($325,000), which will be paid in accordance with the Company's regular payroll practices.
(b) Performance Bonus. You shall be entitled to participate in an executive bonus program, which shall be established by the Board pursuant to which the Board may award bonuses of up to 30% to you, based upon the achievement of written individual and corporate objectives such as the Board shall determine.
(c) Stock Option Grant. The Board has agreed to grant you an option grant to purchase 250,000 common shares of the Company (the “Grant”) and is subject to approval by the Compensation Committee.
(i) Stock Options. Such options will have an exercise price equal to the closing price of the Company’s common stock on your first day of employment (the “Grant Date”).
(ii) Vesting Schedule. Twenty-eight percent (28%) of the initial options or restricted stock granted shall vest twelve months after the date of grant and two percent (2%) of the remainder shall vest each month thereafter until fully vested. Such additional options or restricted stock will have an exercise price per share which is equal to fair market value as determined by the Board on the date of the grant. Two percent (2%) of such additional options or stock shall vest each month thereafter until fully vested. The term of all options granted under this Agreement will be for 10 years from the date of grant, subject to your continuing service with the Company. The options or restricted stock will be incentive stock options or stock to the maximum extent allowed by the tax code and will be subject to the terms of the Company’s Amended and Restated 2014 Stock Plan, as amended, and the Stock Option Agreement between you and the Company.
a. Benefit plan – Health Insurance. The Company will provide you with the opportunity to participate in the standard benefits plans currently available to other similarly situated employees. The Company reserves the right to cancel and/or change the benefits plans it offers to its employees at any time, subject to applicable law.
b. Vacation; Sick Leave. You will be entitled to 20 days paid vacation per year, pro-rated for the remainder of this calendar year. Vacation may not be taken before it is accrued. You will be entitled to 5 days paid sick leave per year pro-rated.
c. Other Benefits. The Company will provide you with standard business reimbursements (including mileage, supplies, long distance calls), subject to Company policies and procedures and with appropriate receipts. In addition, you will receive any other statutory benefits required by law.
d. Reimbursement of Expenses. You shall be reimbursed for all normal items of travel and entertainment and miscellaneous expenses reasonably incurred by you on behalf of the Company provided such expenses are documented and submitted in accordance with the reimbursement policies in effect from time to time.
6. Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement. Your acceptance of this offer and commencement of employment with the Company is contingent upon the execution, and delivery to an officer of the Company, of the Company’s Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement, a copy of which is enclosed for your review and execution (the “Confidentiality Agreement”), prior to or on your Start Date.
7. At-Will Employment. Your employment with the Company will be on an “at will” basis, meaning that either you or the Company may terminate your employment at any time for any reason or no reason, without further obligation or liability.
8. Non-Competition. During the term and for a period of three (3) years thereafter, you shall not, either directly or indirectly, engage (as principal, partner, employee, consultant, owner, independent contractor, advisor or otherwise, with or without compensation) in any business that directly or indirectly is developing, or plans to develop, radioimmunotherapies for cancer or any therapy related to bone marrow transplant (the “Competing Business”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, this does not prevent you from being engaged or employed with a business that has a Competing Business as part of its business, so long as you are not engaged or involved in any way in the Competing Business at such business or enterprise.
9. Non-Solicitation. You agree that during the term of your employment with the Company, and for a period of 24 months following the cessation of employment with the Company for any reason or no reason, you shall not directly or indirectly solicit, induce, recruit or encourage any of the Company’s employees or consultants to terminate their relationship with the Company, or attempt any of the foregoing, either for yourself or any other person or entity. For a period of 24 months following cessation of employment with the Company for any reason or no reason, you shall not attempt to negatively influence any of the Company’s clients or customers from purchasing Company products or services or to solicit or influence or attempt to influence any client, customer or other person either directly or indirectly, to direct his or its purchase of products and/or services to any person, firm, corporation, institution or other entity in competition with the business of the Company.
10. Arbitration. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with your employment with the Company (except with regard to enforcement of the Confidentiality Agreement) will be finally settled by arbitration in New York, New York in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with said rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties agree that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce and that the operation, interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration provision, the procedures to be used in conducting an arbitration pursuant to this arbitration provision, and the confirmation of any award issued to either party by reason of such arbitration, is governed exclusively by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 21 et seq. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for preliminary or interim equitable relief, or to compel arbitration in accordance with this paragraph, without breach of this arbitration provision.
11. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, together with the Confidentiality Agreement, sets forth the terms of your employment with the Company and supersedes any prior representations or agreements, whether written or oral. This Agreement may not be modified or amended except by a written agreement, signed by the Company and by you. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement will be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any applicable law or rule in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will be lessened or reduced to the extent possible or will be severed and will not affect any other provision and this Agreement will be reformed, construed and enforced in such jurisdiction as if such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision had never been contained herein. This Agreement will be governed by New York law without reference to rules of conflicts of law. All notices, requests, demands and other communications called for hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed given (i) on the date of delivery if delivered personally, (ii) one (1) day after being sent by a well established commercial overnight service, (iii) three (3) days after being mailed by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, prepaid and addressed to the parties or their successors at the following addresses, or at such other addresses as the parties may later designate in writing, (iv) upon confirmation of facsimile transfer, if sent by facsimile or (v) upon confirmation of delivery when directed to the electronic mail address set forth below, if sent by electronic mail:
|If to the Company:||275 Madison Avenue, Suite 702|
|New York, NY 10016|
|If to you:||Dr. Nitya G. Ray|
|14 Baybury Court|
|East Hanover, NJ 07936|
We are all delighted to be able to extend you this offer and look forward to working with you. To indicate your acceptance of the Company’s offer, please sign and date this letter in the space provided below and return it to me, along with a signed and dated copy of the Confidentiality Agreement.
(signature page follows)
|Very truly yours,||ACCEPTED AND AGREED:|
|ACTINIUM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.||DR. NITYA g. RAY|
|By:||/s/ Sandesh Seth||/s/ Nitya G. Ray|
|May 26, 2017||May 26, 2017|
Attachment A: Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement
Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION AND
INVENTION ASSIGNMENT AGREEMENT
As a condition of my becoming employed by Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a Delaware corporation, or any of its current or future subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns (collectively, the “Company”), and in consideration of my employment with the Company and my receipt of the compensation now and hereafter paid to me by the Company, I agree to the following:
1. Employment Relationship. I understand and acknowledge that this Agreement does not alter, amend or expand upon any rights I may have to continue in the employ of, or the duration of my employment relationship with, the Company under any existing agreements between the Company and me or under applicable law. Any employment relationship between the Company and me, whether commenced prior to or upon the date of this Agreement, shall be referred to herein as the “Relationship.”
2. Duties. I will perform for the Company such duties as may be designated by the Company from time to time. During the Relationship, I will devote my best efforts to the interests of the Company and will not engage in other employment or in any activities detrimental to the best interests of the Company without the prior written consent of the Company.
3. At-Will Relationship. I understand and acknowledge that my Relationship with the Company is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law, meaning that either I or the Company may terminate the Relationship at any time for any reason or no reason, without further obligation or liability.
4. Confidential Information.
(a) Company Information. I agree at all times during the term of my Relationship with the Company and thereafter for 24 months, to hold in strictest confidence, and not to use, except for the benefit of the Company to the extent necessary to perform my obligations to the Company under the Relationship, or to disclose to any person, firm, corporation or other entity without written authorization of the Board of Directors of the Company, any Confidential Information of the Company which I obtain or create. I further agree not to make copies of such Confidential Information except as authorized by the Company. I understand that “Confidential Information” means any Company proprietary information, technical data, trade secrets or know-how, including, but not limited to, research, product plans, products, services, suppliers, customer lists and customers (including, but not limited to, customers of the Company on whom I called or with whom I became acquainted during the Relationship), prices and costs, markets, software, developments, inventions, laboratory notebooks, processes, formulas, technology, designs, drawings, engineering, hardware configuration information, marketing, licenses, finances, budgets or other business information disclosed to me by the Company either directly or indirectly in writing, orally or by drawings or observation of parts or equipment or created by me during the period of the Relationship, whether or not during working hours. I understand that “Confidential Information” includes, but is not limited to, information pertaining to any aspects of the Company’s business which is either information not known by actual or potential competitors of the Company or other third parties not under confidentiality obligations to the Company, or is otherwise proprietary information of the Company or its customers or suppliers, whether of a technical nature or otherwise. I further understand that Confidential Information does not include any information which has become publicly known and made generally available through no wrongful act of mine, was known to me at the time it was disclosed, is lawfully and in good faith made available to me by a third party who did not derive it, directly or indirectly from the Company, or is information that is independently discovered or developed by me without violating my obligations under this agreement and which can be demonstrated by competent evidence.
(b) Prior Obligations. I represent that my performance of all terms of this Agreement as an employee of the Company has not breached and will not breach any agreement to keep in confidence information acquired by me prior or subsequent to the commencement of my Relationship with the Company, and I will not disclose to the Company or use any inventions, confidential or non-public proprietary information or material belonging to any previous client, employer or any other party. I will not induce the Company to use any inventions, confidential or non-public proprietary information or material belonging to any previous client, employer or any other party. I acknowledge and agree that I have in good faith listed on Exhibit B all agreements (e.g., non-competition agreements, non-solicitation of customers agreements, non-solicitation of employees agreements, confidentiality agreements, inventions agreements, etc.) with a current or former employer, or any other person or entity, that may reasonably restrict my ability to recruit or engage customers or service providers on behalf of the Company, or otherwise relate to or restrict my ability to perform my duties as an employee of the Company or any obligation I may have to the Company.
(c) Third Party Information. I recognize that the Company has received and in the future will receive confidential or proprietary information from third parties subject to a duty on the Company’s part to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use it only for certain limited purposes. I agree to hold all such confidential or proprietary information in the strictest confidence and not to disclose it to any person, firm or corporation or to use it except as necessary in carrying out my work for the Company consistent with the Company’s agreement with such third party.
(a) Inventions Retained and Licensed. I have in good faith and to best of my knowledge attached hereto, as Exhibit A, a list describing with particularity all inventions, original works of authorship, developments, improvements, and trade secrets which were made by me prior to the commencement of the Relationship (collectively referred to as “Prior Inventions”), which belong solely to me or belong to me jointly with another, which as of the execution of this agreement may reasonably relate in any way to any of the Company’s proposed businesses, products or research and development, and which are not assigned to the Company hereunder; or, if no such list is attached, I represent that there are no such Prior Inventions. If, in the course of my Relationship with the Company, I incorporate into a Company product, process or machine a Prior Invention owned by me or in which I have an interest, the Company is hereby granted and shall have a non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to make, have made, copy, modify, make derivative works of, use, sell and otherwise distribute such Prior Invention as part of or in connection with such product, process or machine.
(b) Assignment of Inventions. I agree that I will promptly make full written disclosure to Company, will hold in trust for the sole right and benefit of the Company, and hereby assign to Company, or its designee, all my right, title and interest throughout the world in and to any and all inventions related to the Company’s technology or development programs as currently operated or contemplated, original works of authorship, developments, concepts, know-how, improvements or trade secrets, whether or not patentable or registrable under copyright or similar laws, which I may solely or jointly conceive or develop or reduce to practice, or cause to be conceived or developed or reduced to practice, during the period of time in which I am employed by the Company (collectively referred to as “Inventions”), except as provided in Exhibit A. I further acknowledge that all inventions, original works of authorship, developments, concepts, know-how, improvements or trade secrets which are made by me (solely or jointly with others) within the scope of and directly related to Company’s technology or development programs as currently operated or contemplated and during the period of my Relationship with the Company are “works made for hire” (to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law) and are compensated by my salary (if I am an employee), unless regulated otherwise by the mandatory law of the State of New York.
(c) Maintenance of Records. I agree to keep and maintain adequate and current written records of all Inventions made by me (solely or jointly with others) during the term of my Relationship with the Company. The records may be in the form of notes, sketches, drawings, flow charts, electronic data or recordings, laboratory notebooks, and any other format. The records will be available to and remain the sole property of the Company at all times. I agree not to remove such records from the Company’s place of business except as expressly permitted by Company policy which may, from time to time, be revised at the sole election of the Company for the purpose of furthering the Company’s business. I agree to return all such records (including any copies thereof) to Company at the time of termination of my Relationship with the Company as provided for in Section 6.
(d) Patent and Copyright Rights. I agree to assist Company, or its designee, at its expense, in every proper way to secure Company, or its designee’s, rights in the Inventions and any copyrights, patents, trademarks, mask work rights, moral rights, or other intellectual property rights relating thereto in any and all countries, including the disclosure to Company, or its designee of all pertinent information and data with respect thereto, the execution of all applications, specifications, oaths, assignments, recordations, and all other instruments which Company or its designee shall deem necessary in order to apply for, obtain, maintain and transfer such rights and in order to assign and convey to Company or its designee and any successors, assigns and nominees the sole and exclusive rights, title and interest in and to such Inventions, and any copyrights, patents, mask work rights or other intellectual property rights relating thereto. I further agree that my obligation to execute or cause to be executed, when it is in my power to do so, any such instrument or papers shall continue after the termination of this Agreement until the expiration of the last such intellectual property right to expire in any country of the world. If the Company or its designee is unable because of my mental or physical incapacity or unavailability or for any other reason to secure my signature to apply for or to pursue any application for any United States or foreign patents, copyright, mask works, or other registrations covering Inventions or original works of authorship assigned to Company or its designee as above, then I hereby irrevocably designate and appoint Company and its duly authorized officers and agents as my agent and attorney in fact, to act for and in my behalf and stead to execute and file any such applications and to do all other lawfully permitted acts to further the application for, prosecution, issuance, maintenance or transfer of letters patent, copyright or other registrations thereon with the same legal force and effect as if originally executed by me. I hereby waive and irrevocably quitclaim to Company or its designee any and all claims, which I now or hereafter have for infringement of any and all proprietary rights assigned to Company or such designee.
6. Company Property; Returning Company Documents. I acknowledge and agree that I have no expectation of privacy with respect to the Company’s telecommunications, networking or information processing systems (including, without limitation, stored company files, e-mail messages and voice messages) and that my activity and any files or messages on or using any of those systems may be monitored at any time without notice. I further agree that any property situated on the Company’s premises and owned by the Company, including disks and other storage media, filing cabinets or other work areas, is subject to inspection by Company personnel at any time with or without notice. I agree that, at the time of termination of my Relationship with the Company, I will deliver to the Company (and will not keep in my possession, recreate or deliver to anyone else) any and all devices, records, data, notes, reports, proposals, lists, correspondence, specifications, drawings, blueprints, sketches, laboratory notebooks, materials, flow charts, equipment, other documents or property, or reproductions of any of the aforementioned items, developed by me pursuant to the Relationship or otherwise belonging to the Company, its successors or assigns. In the event of the termination of the Relationship, I agree to sign and deliver the “Termination Certification” attached hereto as Exhibit C, however, my failure to sign and deliver the Termination Certificate shall in no way diminish my continuing obligations under this Agreement.
7. Notification to Other Parties.
(a) Employees. In the event that I leave the employ of the Company, I hereby consent to notification by the Company to my new employer about my rights and obligations under this Agreement.
(b) Consultants. I hereby grant consent to notification by the Company to any other parties besides the Company with whom I maintain a consulting or employment relationship, including parties with whom such relationship commences after the effective date of this Agreement, about my rights and obligations under this Agreement.
8. Solicitation of Employees, Consultants and Other Parties. I agree that during the term of my Relationship with the Company, and for a period of Twenty Four (24) months immediately following the termination of my Relationship with the Company for any reason, whether with or without cause, I shall not either directly or indirectly solicit, induce, recruit or encourage any of the Company’s employees or consultants to terminate their relationship with the Company, or attempt to solicit, induce, recruit, encourage or take away employees or consultants of the Company, either for myself or for any other person or entity. Further, during my Relationship with the Company and at any time following termination of my Relationship with the Company for any reason, with or without cause, I shall not use any Confidential Information of the Company to attempt to negatively influence any of the Company’s clients or customers from purchasing Company products or services or to solicit or influence or attempt to influence any client, customer or other person either directly or indirectly, to direct his or its purchase of products and/or services to any person, firm, corporation, institution or other entity in competition with the business of the Company.
9. Representations and Covenants.
(a) Facilitation of Agreement. I agree to execute promptly any proper oath or verify any proper document required to carry out the terms of this Agreement upon the Company’s written request to do so.
(b) Conflicts. I knowingly represent that my performance of all the terms of this Agreement does not and will not breach any agreement I have entered into, or will enter into with any third party, including without limitation any agreement to keep in confidence proprietary information acquired by me in confidence or in trust prior to commencement of my Relationship with the Company. I agree not to enter into any written or oral agreement that conflicts with the provisions of this Agreement.
(c) Voluntary Execution. I certify and acknowledge that I have carefully read all of the provisions of this Agreement and that I understand and will fully and faithfully comply with such provisions.
10. General Provisions.
(a) Governing Law. The validity, interpretation, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to the principles of conflict of laws.
(b) Entire Agreement. This Agreement sets forth the entire agreement and understanding between the Company and me relating to the subject matter herein and merges all prior discussions between us. No modification or amendment to this Agreement, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, will be effective unless in writing signed by both parties. Any subsequent change or changes in my duties, obligations, rights or compensation will not affect the validity or scope of this Agreement.
(c) Severability. If one or more of the provisions in this Agreement are deemed void by law, then the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
(d) Successors and Assigns. This Agreement will be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and other legal representatives, and my successors and assigns, including, any successor entity, and will be for the benefit of the Company, its successors, and its assigns.
(e) Survival. The provisions of this Agreement shall survive the termination of the Relationship and the assignment of this Agreement by the Company to any successor in interest or other assignee.
(f) Remedies. I acknowledge and agree that violation of this Agreement by me may cause the Company irreparable harm, and therefore agree that the Company will be entitled to seek relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security and in addition to and without prejudice to any other right and remedies that the Company may have for a breach of this Agreement.
(g) ADVICE OF COUNSEL. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT, IN EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEEK THE ADVICE OF INDEPENDENT LEGAL COUNSEL, AND I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS AND PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AGAINST ANY PARTY BY REASON OF THE DRAFTING OR PREPARATION HEREOF.
[Signature Page Follows]
The parties have executed this Confidentiality and Inventions Assignment Agreement on the respective dates set forth below:
|ACTINIUM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC.||DR. NITYA g. RAY|
|By:||/s/ Sandesh Seth||Signature:||/s/ Nitya G. Ray|
|Name:||Sandesh Seth||Date:||May 26, 2017|
|Date:||May 26, 2017|
LIST OF PRIOR INVENTIONS
AND ORIGINAL WORKS OF AUTHORSHIP
EXCLUDED UNDER SECTION 3
___ No inventions or improvements
___ Additional Sheets Attached
Signature of Employee:__________________________
Print Name of Employee:_________________________
LIST OF PRIOR AGREEMENTS
|Name of Agreement||Parties to Agreement||Restrictions(s)|
Employee’s Signature: _______________________
This is to certify that I do not have in my possession, nor have I failed to return, any devices, records, data, notes, reports, proposals, lists, correspondence, specifications, drawings, blueprints, sketches, laboratory notebooks, flow charts, materials, equipment, other documents or property, or copies or reproductions of any aforementioned items belonging to Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns (together the “Company”).
I further certify that I have complied with all the terms of the Company’s Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement signed by me, including the reporting of any inventions and original works of authorship (as defined therein), conceived or made by me (solely or jointly with others) covered by that agreement.
I further agree that, in compliance with the Confidential Information and Invention Assignment Agreement, I will preserve as confidential all trade secrets, confidential knowledge, data or other proprietary information relating to products, processes, know-how, designs, formulas, developmental or experimental work, computer programs, data bases, other original works of authorship, customer lists, business plans, financial information or other subject matter pertaining to any business of the Company or any of its employees, clients, consultants or licensees.
I further agree that for twelve (12) months from the date of this Certificate, I shall not either directly or indirectly solicit, induce, recruit or encourage any of the Company’s employees or consultants to terminate their relationship with the Company, or attempt to solicit, induce, recruit, encourage or take away, hire, or otherwise engage the services of employees or consultants of the Company, either for myself or for any other person or entity. Further, I shall not at any time use any Confidential Information of the Company to negatively influence any of the Company’s clients or customers from purchasing Company products or services or to solicit or influence or attempt to influence any client, customer or other person either directly or indirectly, to direct his or its purchase of products and/or services to any person, firm, corporation, institution or other entity in competition with the business of the Company.
|(Type/Print Employee’s Name)|